Tuesday, December 23, 2008

the day after a birthday....

Do you ever wake up the day after your birthday and have to remind yourself that you did indeed have a birthday because you don't FEEL any different? That is what 31 did for me! I don't have any new aches and pains nor do I think there are any new wrinkles but I guess the key word would be YET! lol...I don't mind the numbers to be honest with you because I have an 87 year old grandpa who has shown me that the fountain of youth is in how you live...by your outlook on life...by being thankful...by spending time with God, family, and friends! I love looking young but I am more interested in aging gracefully and concentrating on keeping my spirit young rather than the physical....Abraham Lincoln once said: It is not the number of years in your life, but the life in your years that counts! That is my goal...to have as much of a life in whatever number of years I am given, so that even if I do not live to be a young 87 year old, that I will have lived as much as I possibly could!!!!

1 comment:

Lisa Holloway Slater said...

Hello Cuz! I found your blog today and I just wanted to say "hi"!

Love ya,
Lisa